- Stay in a luxury private cottage in a pristine natural environment
- Swim in a volcanic lake
- Enjoy nature discovery activities such as bird watching and see bears in the wild
- Go horse riding and MTB cycling in nature
- Practice local arts and crafts
- Drive on Top Gear’s favourite mountain road for car testing
- Visit the historical Saxon towns of the Pied Piper
- Discover the fairy tale castle of Peles
- Travel deep into underground salt mines
- Treat yourself to some mineral water spa treatments
- Try Romanian wine and Palinka
- Swim in the Black sea on the Romanian riviera
In Bucharest you will stroll around the old streets of the Little Paris of the East and march through the Pyong-Yang-style boulevards of the Ceaucescu’s Bucharest. The contrast of old and modern architecture make Bucharest a fascinating city to discover.
Family Summer holiday in Transylvania information
The family Summer holiday in Transylvania can be adapted to your personal preferences, time and budget.
Location: Bucharest, Transylvania, .
Time: 12 days
Itinerary: Arrival and departure in Bucharest
Accommodation: Private Transylvanian cottage and family hospitality in guest houses
Food: Breakfast, some lunches and some dinners included.
Price: around EUR 750 per person with discounts for children
Season: From June to September
Included: tailor-made itinerary with short distances for children, car hire with child seats, family friendly accommodation, food, some activities,
Excluded: some meals and drinks, travel insurance,
More information and photos of the family Summer holiday in Transylvania.
- Nature and art & crafts activities
- Spa day in mineral waters
- City tours of Bucharest, Sibiu, Sighisoara
- Visit the Moldovan monasteries in the North of Romania. They are UNESCO World Heritage sites that conceal a fascinating history, art and religion.
- Visit Bulgaria to extend your holiday
Discover more family holidays for Summer 2017
We organise a great Beach and Mountain Summer family holiday in Greece and Bulgaria where you can discover both countries through nature activities and cultural visits.