The Central Balkan is Bulgaria’s best kept secret mountain. It is an ideal destination for walkers and ramblers of all ages and levels of experience to enjoy a great walking holiday. The Central Balkan mountain range offers a variety of inclines and a broader diversity of flora and fauna compared to the more trodden paths of the Pirin and Rila mountains.
- Walking through one of Europe’s last unspoiled natural habitats
- See a diversity of flora and spot wild animals: eagles, deer, boars
- Stunning panoramic views of the Central Balkan mountain range
- Discover local folklore and culinary traditions
- Come back feeling refreshed and replenished physically and spiritually
The walking tour of the Central Balkan can easily be tailored to your personal preferences. It can be adapted to your level of fitness including children as well as your budget and time. The walking holiday can be organised anytime between May and October. It can be guided or self-guided.
Walking tour information
The walking tour of the Central Balkan can be adapted to your personal preferences, time and budget.
Location: In the most beautiful part of the Central Balkan between Mount Botev and Maragidik
Time: 8 days including transfers, 6 full days walking
Itinerary: Walking from village to village along nature paths
Grading: Easy to medium walks, 4-6 hours per day
Accommodation: Family guest houses and mountain huts with option for camping in nature
Food: Breakfast, lunches and dinners included. Home-made food and picnic lunches
Price: EUR 450 per person with discounts for children
Season: From May to October
Included: airport transfers, accommodation, food full-board, guide,
Excluded: drinks at meals except water, travel and mountain insurance,
More information and photos of the Central Balkan.
- Guided or self-guided
- Nature and art & crafts activities
- Spa day in mineral waters
- City tours of Plovdiv and Sofia
- Beach holiday on the Black Sea coast or the Aegean Sea in Northern Greece
- Visit of Edirne and Istanbul in Turkey or Bucharest and Transylvania in Romania