The Central Balkan mountain range offers a variety of inclines to make it accessible to experienced riders and families alike. The horse riding trek can be adapted to your level of experience, budget and time available.
The horseback tour can be combined with bushcraft and nature discovery activities as well as arts and crafts and culinary workshops. The horse trekking holiday in the Central Balkan offers beauty and diversity. It is a memorable experience.
- Horse riding through one of Europe’s last unspoiled natural habitats
- See a diversity of flora and spot wild animals: eagles, deer, boars
- Stunning panoramic views of the Central Balkan mountain range
- Discover local folklore and culinary traditions
- You have the mountain to yourself, there are no other rides around!
- Come back feeling refreshed and replenished physically and spiritually
The horseback tour of the Central Balkan can easily be tailored to your personal preferences. It can be adapted to your level of riding experience including beginners and children as well as your budget and time. The horse riding holiday can be organised anytime between May and October.
It is a guided trail ride. Every day you ride a different route.
Horse riding holiday information
The horse riding trek in the Central Balkan can be adapted to your personal preferences, time and budget.
Location: In the most beautiful part of the Central Balkan near the Aromahoney mountain retreat
Time: 5 days including transfers, 3 full days riding. The trek can be extended to 5 days trail riding.
Itinerary: Trail riding from village to village along nature paths
Grading: Medium level rides with time for galop, 4-6 hours per day
Accommodation: Family guest houses and mountain huts with option for camping in nature
Food: Breakfast, lunches and dinners included. Home-made food, picnic and BBQ lunches
Price: EUR 500 per adult with discounts for children
Season: From May to October
Included: airport transfers, accommodation, food full-board, guide,
Excluded: drinks at meals except water, travel and mountain insurance,
More information and photos of the horse riding trek in the Central Balkan.
- Guided or self-guided
- Nature and art & crafts activities
- Spa day in mineral waters
- City tours of Plovdiv and Sofia
- Beach holiday on the Black Sea coast or the Aegean Sea in Northern Greece
- Visit of Edirne and Istanbul in Turkey or Bucharest and Transylvania in Romania